"To know Jesus and to make Him known"
1. Subject to availability, the booking will be secured on payment of the full Hire Fee and an additional security deposit of £50. The security deposit will be refunded within fourteen days of the hiring unless there has been any damage to the accommodation or the church’s furniture and equipment for which the user is responsible and in which case the church shall be entitled to retain the whole or part of the deposit as security for the cost of rectifying such damage or for dealing with accommodation that has not been cleaned and tidied as required under condition 6.
2. The church retains control, possession and management of the accommodation and the User has no right to exclude the church from the premises.
3. The User is responsible for all damage (other than fair wear and tear) to the accommodation or any of the church’s fixtures and fittings or equipment which is occasioned in whatever way by the use of the accommodation.
4. The accommodation may only be used by the organisation and for the numbers, purpose and during the period indicated on the application form submitted to the church. The User will ensure that participants respect the purposes of the church and avoid causing offence to persons of the particular religious belief for which the premises are held or the strongly held religious convictions of a significant number of the religion’s followers.
5. The church may be entitled at any time on giving reasonable notice to the User to require the User to transfer if possible to alternative or comparable space and accommodation elsewhere within the buildings.
6. After the use of the accommodation it must be left in a clean and tidy condition with all furniture and equipment left in the same position as at the commencement of the hiring. Please note that as the Church does not have large Refuse Receptacles, that all rubbish must be taken away with you after the Hall Hire. The hirer must ensure that all lights and electrical appliances are turned off, fire doors and shutters are closed and all external doors and windows properly secured.
7. The User must ensure that during the use of the accommodation that no person smokes. No alcohol may be supplied or consumed unless by prior written agreement from the church and under conditions specified by the church. Such permission would need to be sought at the time of the booking.
8. The User must not bring any equipment onto the premises without prior written permission. Such permission is at the absolute discretion of the Trustees. The User may not leave in the accommodation any equipment, furniture or articles of any kind unless by prior written agreement from the church who reserve the right to charge a separate fee for the provision of any such specified and agreed storage facilities.
9. The User agrees that the church accepts no responsibility for injury or loss to person or property arising out of the use of the accommodation apart from such injury or loss which arises from the church’s responsibility for the general maintenance of the accommodation and the User will keep the church indemnified against any claims for which the church is not responsible.
10. The User has a responsibility to notify the church of any defect in the accommodation or in any of the church’s furniture or other equipment in the accommodation.
11. The User will comply with the provisions of the church’s Health and Safety policy and will ensure that all those using the accommodation are aware of the appropriate safety procedures. Where access to a kitchen is included, the User must ensure that persons comply with the food safety rules.
12. The church may terminate this agreement immediately at any time if there is a breach of these conditions by the User.
13. Where premises are to be used by children, the User agrees to comply with the Government’s Guidelines set out in the document ‘Safe from Harm’.
14. Fees will normally be refunded where at least 7 days’ notice of cancellation has been given, provided that no other booking has been turned away. Events cancelled more than 48 hours before the event will attract a cancellation charge of 15% of the hire fee or £10, whichever is the greater. No refunds will be given for events cancelled less than 48 hours beforehand unless there are genuine extenuating circumstances.